Marvel Future Fight Official Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Recruiting Forum (Netmarble)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Combat Supervillian Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
agent_of_bolas

Combat Supervillian Day Empty
PostSubject: Combat Supervillian Day   Combat Supervillian Day Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Only 3 characters are newer options for this day: Skurge, Killmonger, and Apocalypse. Skurge is obviously the more budget friendly option and I haven't used Killmonger much here since I already had Apocalypse built. Killmonger seems to score lower than both (even with my uniform at mythic) so I don't really recommend you picking him up unless you need another CTP, but even then he wouldn't tempt me to spend if I hadn't already.

My Skurge isn't particularly well-built as I only T2'ed him last week honestly. He has pretty good survivability actually, but the key here is being able to do enough damage while dodging meteors. Mine has no uru, a 4* Power of Angry Hulk Set, and a 3* obelisk with critical damage 21%, immune to web, increase damage 120%. I built him more as a filler character for conquest honestly. Even with this mediocre build, I managed to score 110k with him so a better ISO set/obelisk could possibly get him up to 300k. I use a rotation of 5-4-3-1, moving slightly between the 4 and 3 to avoid meteors/silence. He's best with Titania's leadership and a team up bonus from Absorbing Man. If you don't have them built, using Beast with the Villain uniform can be good. Just enter the battle quicker than usual and open on Beast's 5 before you switch to Skurge to transfer the buff.

Apocalypse however is the top scorer for this day without much debate. It's awkward that he's an energy dealing character, so he can't really take advantage of the good leaderships here, so his All Attack for 18% will have to do. You can use whatever team up with him you like, since he has none for himself with this character pool; I usually use Carnage and Doctor Octopus since it provides an all attack boost. M

Mine is built much better than Skurge. His skills are all at 6, urus between 2 and 3 stars, full awakened Power of the Angry Hulk set, and a CTP of Energy (Ignore Doge 36%, Critical Damage 39%, Increase Chain Hit Damage 25%, and Increase Damage 180%). His rotation is also not intuitive - 4c-3c-2c-1-5. Cancelling the first 3 skills immediately after they activate will allow for all the damage to stack on his 1 skill with the increased damage. After the 1 skill is complete, you can add the 2 skill again before the 5 IF the cooldown on his 4 skill is 3 or more seconds. The other trick is to keep moving after the rotation in order to avoid meteors which can be difficult to do as it's hard at times to pick up on the red circles through his blue healing circles and the beast's attack circles. With a good run when not being silenced, I can score about 400k. I think with better uru and less lag from my phone this score could go much higher.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This day is notorious for 2 things:  being important for having 2 runs per week and having a very small pool of potential characters.  Also of note:  the beast can silence your characters and there is no way to counter this effect outside of being in iframes.

Leaderships:  Best overall is Titiana for 45%, but Ulik and Lizard also have 30% attack boosts that are serviceable.  I currently am using Ulik (they released Titania as I was almost finished farming Ulik....).

Best overall character choices are Carnage and Sandman.  Nebula used to be the budget option, but was difficult to achieve 100k consistently.

Carnage - my weapon of choice.  I have him at T2, gear 4 on skill cooldown, no uru, 6* unawakened POAH ISO set, and a ignore defense/recovery rate/damage proc obelisk.  Best rotation is 5-4-3 which is the safest, but 5-4-1-3 will give the most damage with the problem of more opportunities to be silenced.  Even with the "safe" rotation being silenced can quickly mean death or lackluster scores.  The iframes on 5 and 3 can be steered using the directional pad, best practice on 5 is to aim for the beast and for 3 to try and end far enough away from the beast where you are not in range to be silenced. Max cooldown is also very important to stay in iframes.  In my 2 runs this week, the first scored 123k while being silenced 2x and then 93k with silenced 4 times.  It's one of the reasons why this day can be frustrating that even with a good build it can be swingy.

Sandman is the cheaper option.  I have not run this day with him yet since he is 6* unmastered and ungeared, but from my understanding his rotation is something like 5-4-3.  ISO set would be best as any attack set and would need an obelisk with a damage proc, probably with ignore defense, crit rate, or crit damage depending on what you need from cards.  More to follow once I get to him.

In general, when silenced you have a couple options.  Kite to avoid mobs and meteors, switch out and attack with a support character, or switch and just let that character die so the main comes back in.  Which you choose really depends on the main character's health and the strength of the support character.  For example, I use a 3* Venom for a team up with Carnage so switching him out and letting him die is a good way to get Carnage back in quickly.  Switching to a 6* Ulik however can keep damage rolling a bit while Carnage or Sandman recovers.

Edit from Age of Apocalypse Update:
Beast's uniform turns him into Dark Beast, which makes him eligible for this day.  It just so happens that it was released after I had just finished Titania, so slightly annoying.  Overall however it makes for a much easier to farm leadership for this day if you need one.  At 6* mastery it grants 50% Physical Attack like Titania.  My Beast is still T1 (work on it) so I don't know the effect of his T2 passive on scores.

My new strategy at this point is to lead with Beast, Venom in the 2 slot, and Carnage in the 3rd.  Open on Beast's 5 skill (since that buff will transfer) then switch to Carnage.  I've noticed a lot of the times Carnage gets silenced as he's using his 5 skill so I started switching on the end of the skill to Venom.  Venom will promptly die (he's 3*) and Carnage tags back in since he went to the 2 slot.  I got 118k in my first attempt with this strategy so it's not a huge difference in scores.  I don't think this uniform is a must have to score well on this day, but if you need a good leadership it's a easy to farm option.

Last edited by agent_of_bolas on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sumgruuvz

PostSubject: Re: Combat Supervillian Day   Combat Supervillian Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 am

Sandman rotation to use is 345 Smile
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

PostSubject: Re: Combat Supervillian Day   Combat Supervillian Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Guess my understanding was backwards. Thanks for catching that
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

PostSubject: Re: Combat Supervillian Day   Combat Supervillian Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Updated for Dark Beast
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

PostSubject: Re: Combat Supervillian Day   Combat Supervillian Day Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Updated with Skurge and Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Supervillian Day   Combat Supervillian Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Supervillian Day
Page 1 of 1