Marvel Future Fight Official Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Recruiting Forum (Netmarble)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blast Male Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
agent_of_bolas

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Cable is still the best option for this day to get the highest score. His uniform makes his do more damage and makes him play smoother overall. He also has the ability to increase his potential, and I think being level 70 his damage will be insane.

My Cable has been upgraded since this post was last updated. My uniform for him is still at normal, but that may change depending on how I use my resources for the newly released X-Men.

I have him leveled up to 64 with gears all at 22 (urus are a mess of between 2 and 4*); all his skills are maxed and his Power of Angry Hulk set is now fully awakened. He is equipped with a CTP of Energy with ignore dodge 37%, critical damage 42%, increased chain hit damage 25%, and increased damage 180%.

I still haven't decided the best leader, but mostly the differences in damage is fairly negligible. I use Star Lord with Phil Coulson's increased damage support.

His rotation now is 4-2c-3c-5-1c. The idea is to let the 4 play out to get all the missiles firing and cancelling 2 for damage, 3 for buffs before using the 5 to channel lots of damage. With his new uniform's better heal, I prefer to let the 5 go longer than I would before (to where he's no longer invincible) and then using 1c to re-position before starting the rotation again. Cable doesn't really care about the meteor bonus, so if you lose it don't worry his damage is enough to win out.

With the set up listed, I scored 935k this week. The damage will go up as he levels up and if I work on his uniform. Cable is very good on the unrestricted days as well so building him very offensively and sinking resources into him will be worth it (also he's the best for Giant Boss that I've found).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So for starters, I want to try and post my thoughts on each XAB round with my builds and any general thoughts I have.  I don't claim to be a master at any of these days, but I have figured out a few things that may help some get better scores.

So Blast Male day is about Dr. Strange.  I don't have much experience with other characters on this day since by the time I figured this mode out, I had Strange at 6/6/60.  I had used a T2 Baron Mordo when I first started, but never scored above 30-50k with Ancient One's leadership.

So my Dr. Strange is only geared to 17 on all gears, gear 4 rolled to skill cooldown.  The obelisk is Ignore Defense, Recovery Rate, and 200% damage proc.  His ignore defense is at cap and I'm trying to work on a different obelisk with Immune to Guard Break, but it's hard to beat the 200% damage.  His ISO-8 set is Overdrive, which I recently finished awakening (my only character that has this).

I usually use the team-ups of AO (lead), Mordo, and Strange, but I wanted to try something different this week.  I went with Star-Lord as lead with his new uniform and used T2 Cyclops for support.  Cyclops 4* passive gives 10% energy attack to the team so after doing the math this team overall increases the attack more than my original 3, but lacks the other stat boosts.

As with all rounds of XAB, it's best to wait to start a few seconds after it loads in order to ensure that the mobs are already spawned when you enter.  Quickly switch to Strange and his normal rotation of 5-2-3-2-3-4 seems to be the best.  This week I also tried working 5-2-4-2-4-2 to give more movement away from meteors, but seems to have less damage from the skills.  In general, I have found it hard to keep the meteor bonus active with Strange, but have had no difficulty scored over 100k using either team.  Immune to Guard Break also is very important, as the beast will occasion hit Strange causing a brief stun when the guard is broken, causing you to take more damage, lose the meteor bonus, and potentially an early exit if you can't recover enough health on his 2 skill.  

This week I think I got 123k while experimenting, which is fair.  I'll have T2 Coulson by the end of the week, so I can update this post with how that impacts the score later.  I also may finish off Strange's gear if I can find enough gear kits.  Uru would make the score better, but I've been focusing on using those materials for characters instead.

Apologize for the length, but hopefully helpful as I'm going to try to do one for each day of XAB.

Edit:  Cable

Apologizes that it's taken me about a week or so to get a better feel for Cable on this day.  Short version:  he's worth it.

So my Cable is languishing with 17 gears due to the Phoenix Feather upgrade requirements with the 4th gear set to skill cooldown and no uru.  His ISO set is POAH unawakened at 6 starts.  I actually bit the bullet and paid crystals to switch the obelisk that I listed above for Strange to Cable, but honestly I haven't regretted it.  

First few runs I died a few times before getting a good feel of his rotation, but once you do it is pretty easy.  Shortest way to write it is          2c-4c-5-1 for the first rotation, then 2c-4c-5-1-3c.  Now for the long version.  Start with 2 and immediately cancel into 4, then immediately cancel into 5.  2 and 4 will do damage over time so while you're channeling the 5 skill they will all do massive damage together.  Canceling out the channel skill is what caused me to die initially since I didn't have the timing right yet.  Best way to do it I've found is to let the skill go until his immunity wears off (watching it either with the timer in the upper left or when his health bar changes colors) and then use the 1 skill to iframe out of the way of damage.  Then I'll hit the 3 in order to heal back a little of the health and repeat.

He does seem to score higher with Cyclops with uniform as lead then Star Lord because of the team up and Coulson T2 is best for support.  If you don't have Coulson T2 yet, probably using Star Lord's leadership with Cyclops T2 as a team up would be best.  This week's score was 272k and it'll only get higher as I rank up his gears and awaken the ISOs.  He's definitely the top scorer for this day, but not easy to build.

Last edited by agent_of_bolas on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ONEPLAY

ONEPLAY

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 pm

Good stuff, this is the kind of things I was hoping everyone would share... Thanks for the input!!!! Your doing something right in AB cause your out scoring everyone but 1 person every week....
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks I appreciate it. It's actually helping me rethink my builds too since I normally don't revisit characters once they're "finished." I am hoping to try out various other characters for days as well to find more budget options than the paywall characters
Back to top Go down
Sumgruuvz

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 am

I use the 5 2 3 4 combo with strange and never take any damage unless i go too fast or screw up the sequence. If you do that, he won't die. Thanks for the write up though. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Glad to see people are reading this stuff and finding it helpful!
Back to top Go down
ONEPLAY

ONEPLAY

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 5:44 pm

agent_of_bolas wrote:
Glad to see people are reading this stuff and finding it helpful!

Been very helpfull for me... The only day I've been scoring 100pts or more is unlimited day combining Magneto, Storm and Wolverine with Magneto as the leader to get his 45% increase in skills and Storms "ignore defense" add.. That had me scoring anywhere from 150-180k pts.

Other then that I was hitting 65k pts on all other days but after reading your write-up I'm getting 100k pts every day.
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Wow glad to help cause that's a big jump. It's tough to get the right combination of leaders and team ups to get good scores. I've been trying out other characters to give other options, but not too much success so far. The lag from my devices really effects my scores unfortunately
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 pm

I do not have Cable unlocked nor do I have the bios to level him up even if I did, but from my understanding he outscores Doctor Strange easily. Cyclops with uniform does provide a good bonus and team up, but by no means is his uniform a must buy.
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Added Cable now that he's been ranked up
Back to top Go down
agent_of_bolas

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Cable's uniform added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blast Male Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast Male Day   Blast Male Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blast Male Day
Page 1 of 1